- One free consultation to meet, answer questions, and review contract.
- Two prenatal in-home visits
- One postpartum visit within 7 days after the birth of your baby.
- Unlimited phone consultations: available 24/7 via phone, email, and text throughout pregnancy, labor, and postpartum.
- On-call status from week 38-42 of your pregnancy, 24/7 availability within 2 hours of your home or chosen birthplace.
- Continuous support, from active labor, beginning at home if desired.
- Assistance in writing and reviewing a birth plan.
- Access to my lending library of pregnancy, birth, and parenting books, DVDs, and meditations
- Explanations of medical procedures; assistance in avoiding preventable medical interventions.
- Access to my knowledge of local, regional, and international support available to pregnant and new mothers, in addition to my lending library of informative books and dvds.
- Physical comfort measures, emotional support, utilizing labor coping skills, massage, aromatherapy, rebozo, and other non-pharmacological pain relief techniques.
- Positioning suggestions during labor and birth for comfort and progress.
- Acting as an advocate for the mother and birth partner’s wishes.
- Guide and support for the woman’s partner so that he/she may help at his/her own comfort level and take breaks as needed.
- Staying up to one hour after your birth to support and encourage immediate postpartum bonding.
LIMITATIONS OF DOULA SERVICES
As your doula, I will not…
- Speak for you. This is your birth. Your primary caregivers want to hear from you, not me.
- Make decisions on your behalf. I will help you make informed decisions and remind you of your birth plan.
- Take the place of your birth partner’s role of primary support, unless your partner is absent or requests otherwise.
- Make any medical judgments or recommendations. Only when asked, I will offer my opinion of your available choices.
- Provide any clinical skills such as vaginal examinations, checking fetal heart tones, vital signs, etc. I am not your nurse.
FEES FOR SERVICES
- The total cost for birth doula services is $1200.
- Private, personalized childbirth education sessions (3 hours)- $150
- Birth Photography for doula clients $400
- Additional postpartum visits (2 hours)- $75
- Babywearing consultation- $75
- Homemade moisturizing scrub- $7-$15
- Relaxing massage oil (8 oz.)- $10
- Handmade natural belly balm- $12
- Natural postpartum bottom spray- $7
- Aromatherapy mists and rollers- $7
- Postpartum herbal bath- $10
- Mother’s blessing ceremony- $150
- Belly casting- $70
- Baby bump henna- $65
Interested in hiring me? Check my availability!
Still have questions? Read a detailed explanation of my services, available to all clients during their free consult.
Looking for home birth midwifery care? Learn more here!